Is it bad to start off your first blog post with a lyric from an Abba song?
This is me. Random quote rambling (albeit music or movies, I am full of them), disorganized and ready to drop the hammer on the blogging world. I am a mother, a makeup artist, a singer. Three very different, amazing things that shape my life & make it…Pretty.Rockin! (Ok, shameless plug, but I like the name) I mean it combines two things I love: makeup & music!
As you can tell, I have not been on a first date in a long time. That’s what this really is, isn’t it? We are going to go out, have a bite & a few drinks & you are going to decide if you want to continue seeing me. Sure, I am going to pull out all the stops. New outfit & fabulous makeup (that goes without saying) and a great push-up bra! I’m a wicked good time, really! (Can’t you just hear my Boston accent?)
I’m hoping to make a good first impression. I am still trying to figure out where this blog will take me. I mean, can I talk about my job, my life, my kids..blah, blah ..blah.
So to you, I make a promise:
I, do solemnly swear to:
1. Share total random nuggets, factoids if you will, about life, love & whatever my total, ADD ridden mind thinks of.
2. Share lots Beauty Tips (Whether it be a product review, tip, trick or just something to make you feel better about yourself)
3. Find different ways to make you want to keep reading what I have to say. After all, that is the point of this right?
4. I will make you laugh, smile or chuckle warmly at least once a day. Smiling is good..
5. Listen to what you want to hear me write about. So tell me, comment or post what interests YOU!
So, I think this was a pretty good first date. We had great chemistry. I did most of the talking, but women love to talk about themselves, so that worked out well. You have my number. Now I am a going to say goodbye & go reflect on all the witty things I should have said, but didn’t. Then take a long look in the mirror and see… DAMN! I had food in my teeth this whole time?
This is me. I’m not perfect. No expert.
Wanna go out again?