Header & profile photo by www.rawphotodesign.com

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

10 Songs I Am Embarrassed to Admit I Know The Words To

There are those can figure out complex math problems.  Others discover cures for the bubonic plague or the meaning of life.  For those who know me understand my gift.  I know the words to every conceivable song known to man.  Yes, I know.  It is amazing.  It is a totally useless skill that I proudly posses.  The recent acquisition of satellite radio has brought this gift to new heights; listening to Hair Nation, 80's on 8 & the oh-so-guilty pleasure of 1st Wave.

There does come a time where I am a little embarrassed to admit that I know & at some point at in my life liked some of these songs.  My Goody vent brush got a lot of use.  I would sing into that thing like I was performing at MSG.  (Who am I kidding, I still totally do that!)  The following list will totally kill my street cred.  Secretly I know each of you know one of these by heart too.

1.  Making Love Out Of Nothing At All by Air Supply.  I don;t care, I like it & belt out that ending like a champ!

2. Muskrat Love by The Captain & Tennille.  Go ahead & judge.  Maybe I watched too much of the Love Boat, but I totally dug the Captain & his hat & Tennille's bob hair do.

3.  Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.  So cheesy!  The best thing about this is the remake of the video with KISS.  Classic!

4.  Rock Me Tonight by Billy Squire.  I have been told that this video single-handedly ruined his career due to the horrendous display of dancing & the stain sheets, of course.

5.  Rainbow Connection by Kermit the Frog.  I know for a fact that this is more popular than people would care to admit.  Come on, it's the Muppet Movie for heaven's sake.

6.  Let's Put The X in Sex by Kiss.  Really?  "Your love is like a muscle & you make me wanna flex?"  That is deep shit. 

7.  Loving Every Minute of It by Loverboy.  More touching lyrics.." start me like a motor, make me run"

8.  Through The Eyes of Love by Melissa Manchester.  The Ice Castles theme song..a moving tale about a girl who goes blind after smashing into some iron patio furniture.  Very deep..  I know every last lyric.  I need help!

9.  Physical by Olivia Newton-John.  Cannot resist the song, the spandex, headbands & the atrocious thongs on the men in this video.  Is that guy in the opening sequence on the bike naked?  Olivia..you slut!

10.  Party All The Time by Eddie Murphy.  In all honesty, this song rocks.  Look at Rick James busting in half way through to groove with Eddie. 

I hope that this will put you at ease the next time you are rocking alone in your underwear to some lost classics.  Embrace your horrible taste in music!  ROCK on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.. Thoughts? Comments? Future Blog Topics? Go ahead, don't be shy!