Header & profile photo by www.rawphotodesign.com

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The MOTHER of all......

Being a Mother tests you.  In 1000 different ways, it makes you question your ability, your faith and logic (& sanity at times.)  But sometimes it is the most basic things that make you realize there is NOTHING better that being Mama!


My oldest son was complaining about his throat hurting this weekend.  He is a bit dramatic about everything (god, who does he get that from?) so hubby & I just chalked it up to allergies, which have been brutal.  Then on Sunday morning, my poor baby walked into my room with crocodile tears, ears beet-red & burning up  Poor baby.  His fever was 103.8. The highest I can remember since he was an infant.  This is when "mama-mode" kicks in.  That super-nurturing, protective instinct that I often think isn't in me. The need to take care of it, make it better & just hope that you can "love it" away.


Kids are funny when they are sick.  They always want Mama.  I cherish these times.  Not the sickness part, but the love & comfort they seek from me when they do not feel good.  It reminds me of how lucky I am.  That I get to experience this amazing thing called being a mother.  We often spend our time complaining about how our children drive us nuts,  but forget how we are blessed with these little creatures who make us dig into the depths of our selflessness & just love.  I think I need to be reminded of this more often.


Now this is just a fever.  Strep throat actually.  I marvel at the millions of parents that are dealing with REAL sickness.  Children with awful diseases & disorders.  I cannot fathom the faith & sacrifices they make in order to deal with the hands they have been dealt.  A place where love is they only thing they have to give & hope is something they live by.  They are the true heroes.  I thank god my children are healthy and happy.


I know I spend a lot of time poking fun at the things that are wrong in my life.  We all do. It is nice to remember that your children are a gift.  They are a miracle of life that you created.  I am reminded of what the true meaning of love is & the wonderful essence of what being a parent is.  Maybe I should count my blessings instead of seeking out what is wrong with them. 


Mother's Day is this weekend and I am proud to be one of many that can celebrate this special gift.  Happy Mother's Day to each & every mom who can kiss it & make it better, wipe away the tears & give their heart & soul to their loved ones.  You are AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.. Thoughts? Comments? Future Blog Topics? Go ahead, don't be shy!