Header & profile photo by www.rawphotodesign.com

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fuc*#% Perfect

Happy New Year!  2012 already?  I like to think that a new year brings new possibilities. The race toward perfection.  This is the year that I will lose weight, stop smoking, reduce stress, do charitable work & focus on becoming a better person.  Yeah, right..  It seems every January I have very high hopes.  In fact , I just had myself a little workout.  Maybe there is hope for me. (although I sit & write this while chain-smoking)  Oops!

I always wanted to be one of those really super-motivated people.  Ones who say "I'm going to run a marathon this year," and then go do it.  Damn those people!  I don't think I was born with that gene. That & I really don't have the physical "attributes" of a runner.  I'm more of a non-runner, if you will.  A sitter. Although after catching a glimpse of myself post-shower in the full length mirror I should really get my ass moving. Good god!  I was an athlete my whole life.  What happened there? I don't feel that guilty.  Even Serena Williams admitted just this week that she hates working out.  (Anything to justify my laziness.) 

We put so much pressure on ourselves to be better. To be perfect. A perfect mother, person, wife, daughter, sister, friend.  I know that I need improvement in many areas.  I am FAR from perfect.

I find it difficult, if not impossible to pick out one thing to work on & then follow through.  I believe that this is the reason why so many of us fail at our so-called "resolutions."  This year WILL be different.  This year we should all make a list of the things we actually LIKE about ourselves.  Instead of beating ourselves up, we should commend ourselves for a job well done.  Resolutions end up being another reason for us to put ourselves down & say "you are weak, & you suck!" Am I right?  IDK..

I challenge each of you to stop criticizing every detail in your life & to stop & realize that your got it pretty good.  You are strong, wonderful & dare I say....OK?  This is my resolution for 2012.  To look at myself in a positive way & be happy at what I see.  I'm tired of trying to find perfect.. because, honestly..I'm never going to get there.  Let's be imperfect. 
I like that idea......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.. Thoughts? Comments? Future Blog Topics? Go ahead, don't be shy!